xnCORE software suite
The "xnCORE software suite for Open Source Xen server" is a modular software and available as download for most common Linux distributions. It contains the following modules:
- xn-manage - Xen vserver management
- xn-mem - memory management for Xen server
- xn-mon - graphical performance statistics for Xen
- xn-traff - graphics and charts showing the traffic of a Xen vserver
- xn-web - web interface for managing modules and users
Screenshots and Product Video
The xnCORE xn-manage module combined with xn-web provide you a facility for managing your vserver online. Using the xn-web interface you can start, stop, shutdown or reboot your vservers and create and edit the Xen-DomU configuration. You can create users and grant them permissions for vservers so they can remotely powercycle their systems.
The xnCORE xn-mem module is a smart memory distributor to your vservers. Using xn-mem you are able to overcommit the memory of your physical server. This topic is described separately in this document . The xn-web interface also provides you with possiblity to edit the minimum and maximum vserver memory limits online.
The xnCORE xn-mon module creates graphical statistics on a vserver's usage. The interactive graphs might be accessed using the xn-web interface. You can grant the rights to view that statistics for their vservers, too. The following data sources are beeing monitored and displayed:
- Vserver runtime
- Current memory assignment
- Amount of assigned processors
- Interactive graphs for memory assignment in hourly, daily and weekly representation
- Interactive graphs showing processor usage in hourly, daily and weekly representation
- Interactive graphs for load average in hourly, daily and weekly representation
- Interactive graphs showing disk in/out operations for the virtual harddisk in hourly, daily and weekly representation
The xnCORE xn-traff module will monitor the network traffic of your vservers and create graphs and charts using that data that then might be accessed in the xn-web interface. You are able to grant permissions to view that graphics and charts to single users. The representation consists of the following parts:
- Chart showing last months and current month
- Charts and graphs showing all days of a month
- Graph showing details for one day
The xnCORE xn-web module is a PHP web application driven by a regular web server. Using xn-web you are able to control all components of the xnCORE software suite. Also you are able to create users and grant them permissions for single vservers and modules, e.g. to have a look at a virtual machine's traffic and to remote control it's powercycle.